LawGuide Singapore – Personal Data Policy
- This Policy explains how we collect, use, disclose and handle Personal Data through our web and applications platforms (e.g. www.lawguidesingapore.com) in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act (No. 26 of 2012) of Singapore (“PDPA“). This Policy will be updated over time and will be available on our website.
- In using our website, services and platforms, interacting with us and and giving information to us, you agree and consent to the collection, use, disclosure and handling of your Personal Data by LawGuide Singapore (including our affiliate businesses (“LawGuide“), as well as service providers and third parties engaged by us on your behalf, in the manner set out in this Policy.
- “Personal Data” refers to any data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access, including data in our records as may be updated from time to time, but excludes “business contact information” as defined in the PDPA.
Why we collect, use and disclose Personal Data
- We generally collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for the following purposes: –
- Providing services to you: Where you have accessed our website and platforms to use our services to you, your personal data may be collected, used and disclosed to enable us and our affiliates, service providers and agents to properly provide services to or for you, and to enable compliance with applicable laws, regulations, industry codes and guidelines, and for internal audit.
- Giving you information and updates: Where you have asked to receive updates through electronic publications (including bulletins, updates, alerts, reviews, invitations and announcements) by completing our contact forms or otherwise, we will use your Personal Data to send such publications to you.
- We also collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for other purposes, including:
- Verifying your identity, processing payments as well as managing our administrative and business operations
- Responding to, processing and handling your queries, feedback and suggestions
- Managing the security of our platform and and technology infrastructure
- Giving updates and other communications on developments relating to the law and in respect of our services and businesses
- Improving our services and communications to you
- Complying with applicable laws and regulations, codes of practice or guidelines, policies, procedures, regulatory requirements and directions issued by relevant authorities
- Establishing, exercising or defending any legal or equitable claim
- Any other purpose relating to any of the above
- We may disclose Personal Data to our affiliated entities, third party service providers and agents, other parties with whom we are dealing on your behalf, any necessary governmental authorities and other third parties including the counsel for an opposing party:
- In giving us any Personal Data of third parties, you have also confirmed that you have already obtained all necessary permissions to do so, and that we may collect, use and disclose the Personal Data according to the PDPA.
- If we have specifically informed you of other reasons for collecting, using and disclosing your Personal Data. we also will collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for these other reasons unless otherwise stated.
How we collect and handle your Personal Data
- We generally collect Personal Data in different ways, including:
- When you use our services or give information to us
- When you communicate or interact with us either in person or through other forms of communication (e.g. telephone calls (which may be recorded), email, SMS, online messaging applications)
- CCTV recordings while you are within our premises
- When you attend an event organised by us
- When we or our representatives capture your image in photos or videos when you attend our events
- When you ask to be included in an email or other mailing list
- When you complete our contact / enquiry forms or submit a request for assistance
- From public information sources, search services and other third parties
- When you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reason
Our website and platforms
- When you browse our website and platforms, you generally do so anonymously and we do not at our website automatically collect Personal Data, including your email address unless you provide such information.
- Your email and a username will be stored on our server if you need to register to use various services and functions on our website and platforms.
- We may use third party cookies on this website and, in accessing our website, you agree to allow us to place cookies on your device.
- Our website and platforms may also allow third parties to download cookies to your device (e.g. cookies from Google and YouTube on pages that contain content related to them) and these third party cookies are not under our control.
- If you choose to disable this collection of cookies by changing the settings on your device, you may be unable to use certain features and functions on our website and platforms.
- When you visit our website, we track IP addresses together with the date, time and duration of visits as well as the general geographic area from which you are accessing our website so that we can understand, monitor and manage our website traffic activity and user behaviour in order to assess and improve our services.
- Where our website and platforms contain links to other sites operated by third parties, we have no control over and do not take responsibility these third parties’ personal data policy or practices of these website and you should review the personal data policies of the other sites you visit and link from our website and platforms.
Correction of Personal Data
- Please contact our Data Protection Officer ([email protected], +65 9424 6208) if you have any questions or if you wish to do any of the following: –
- Ask questions or give feedback relating to your Personal Data or our Policy
- Withdraw your consent to any use of your Personal Data as set out in this Policy
- Obtain access and make corrections to your Personal Data records. Changes and corrections will be made within a reasonable time.
- Please email us at [email protected] with “Unsubscribe” in the subject field if you would like to stop receiving marketing emails.
Please contact [email protected]uidesingapore.com for more information.