Who are the Plaintiff and Defendant in a Civil Claim?
- Civil litigation is the type of Court proceeding which take place if the legal dispute relates to a civil case and if the case involves a person’s private rights and liabilities
- If you are involved in a civil case and seeking to set right an undesirable situation, you may wish to commence civil litigation proceedings to pursue a civil claim against the wrongful party.
- The Plaintiff is the person who starts the civil claim and files the Writ of Summons.
- The Defendant is the person against whom the civil claim is filed.
- A civil case can involve 2 or more Plaintiffs or Defendants.