How do you qualify as a surety or bailor?
- A bailor must generally fulfil the following criteria:
- He must be at least 21 years old
- He must not be an undischarged bankrupt
- He must not having an ongoing or pending criminal case in Court
- He must be a Singapore Citizen or a Singapore Permanent Resident
- He must be prepared to accept the responsibilities of a bailor until the case is concluded
- He must be prepared to pledge security (either in cash or in personal properties) for the amount of bail
- The Court is authorised to make the final decision as to whether or not a person is suitable to be a bailor.