What happens during investigations?
- An Investigating Officer (IO) conducting the investigations will generally do the following:
- Interview and ask you questions about what you know about certain facts and circumstances relating the offence being investigated.
- Record a written and signed statement (also known as a Long Statement, Witness Statement or Investigation Statement) from you which contains the information you have provided during the interview.
- Search a place to look for property, documents, physical objects and other material which may be relied on as evidence.
- Take possession of physical evidence which may be used as exhibits in the case