What are the Ancillary Matters that will be decided in a Divorce?
- After the Court has determined that a Divorce should be granted (i.e. because you have proven the irretrievable breakdown of the marriage through adultery, unreasonable behaviour, desertion or separation), the Court will determine how to deal with all other key issues resulting from the Divorce (also known as Ancillary Matters).
- Ancillary Matters include the following:
- Maintenance of the wife by the husband (e.g. financial support)
- Maintenance of the children by the parents (e.g. financial support)
- Division of the matrimonial assets (e.g. matrimonial home)
- Custody, care and control of as well as access (e.g. visitation rights) to the children