What assets are considered matrimonial assets?
- After your Divorce has been granted, the Court will then determine how to deal with all other key issues resulting from the Divorce (also known as Ancillary Matters) including the division of the matrimonial assets.
- Matrimonial assets are:
- Your matrimonial home
- Property that was acquired during your marriage
- Property that was acquired before your marriage which was:
- Ordinarily used by your family.
- Substantially improved by one or both of the spouses.
- Gifts that were substantially improved by one or both of the spouses
- Property that was acquired by you or your spouse before the marriage will not otherwise constitute matrimonial assets